Cath-Lean® Closed Catheter Kit – Female
Until recently, women used the same urinary catheter as men, particularly with closed system, intermittent catheters. We are proud to offer MTG Cath-Lean®, a uniquely female closed system, affording infection protection. Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) can be life-threatening. Know that MTG Cath-Lean® provides UTI defense via the introducer tip, protecting the tube from bacteria located within the distal urethra. Potential contamination is also reduced since the sterile tube is passed from within the sterile collection bag, and into the bladder without coming in contact with the fingers, gloves, etc.
Our compact, “Mini-Pak” fits in your purse or pocket. Bringing catheters for travel, work, school, etc. is always convenient. After cathing, our very popular privacy bag for confidential disposal of catheter and supplies, is included. In every sense, MTG Cath-Lean® is 100% for women only.
If you are in a wheelchair, and cannot easily transfer to the toilet, MTG Cath-Lean® enables you to cath in your chair or bed. The closed system is equipped with a 700ml collection bag. Simply insert the catheter, advance to the bladder, and as urine flows, the bag collects the fluid. When voiding is complete, gently remove the catheter and hold the bag upright to prevent spillage. If dexterity limitations are an issue, MTG Cath-Lean® includes our patented MTG EZ-Advancer® valve so as you advance the tube, it remains stable. Squeezing is not required to prevent the tube from slipping back. Each 6” long, 12 or 14 Fr. catheter includes our smooth, polished eyelets for maximum comfort. MTG Cath-Lean® is 100% latex-free, and the catheter tube is DEHP-free. For questions concerning catheter use by women, we offer an instructional video for your review.
- The catheter is pre-lubricated, so setup time is minimal.
- The MTG introducer tip is designed to reduce the risk of recurrent Urinary Tract Infections (see video for proper usage instructions).
- Soft, fire polished, smooth eyelets (drainage holes) allow for comfortable passage through the urethra and into the bladder.
- Offset eyes, located near the tip of the catheter, provide drainage from two points within the bladder.
- The MTG EZ-Advancer® valve secures the catheter tube after each forward advancement, preventing retraction into the bag during insertion.
- The catheter bag protects the sterility of the tube and collects the urine. The bag capacity is 700ml. (see MTG EZ-Advancer® should larger capacity be desired).
- Sterile sample can be collected (see Sample Retrieval).
- The catheter is available in 12, and 14 Fr., 6” length (see MTG EZ-Advancer® should longer length be desired).
- 100% latex-free
- Benzalkonium chloride (BZK) clear, odor-free, alcohol-free, cleansing prep
- DEHP-free catheter tube
- Mini-Pak outer package
- Privacy bag for discreet disposal of used supplies